Cenote Freediving Training
Explore the beauty and the depths of the Sacred Cenotes, with local experienced and safety oriented Instructors. Certified freedivers only.
Private - $2,400 MXN
2 or more Freedivers - $2,100 MXN
In Freedive Irabu we have gained experience throughout the years (8+ years), training, competing and co/teaching with some of the best athletes, instructors and freediving centers in the world in countries like Egypt, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia and more. We have created a training philosophy where we noticed the success rate of students and learning curve grows with impecable results and most importantly good sensations throughout the process. We have seen our students grow from being unable to swim and put their face in the water growing up to become Freediving Instructors, -70m competition Freedivers, National Champions and Record Holders.
This training-coaching sessions are personalized for Freedivers from all levels who want to take their skills to the new level, practice or refresh your skills or learn new skills from to achieve new depths at Cenotes, all of it while having safety oriented and experienced Freediving Master instructors with years of experience coaching athletes and Freedivers Worldwide.
*If you are not looking for personal coaching, just to be able to perform your target dives with professional safety and available Oxygen tank, this is the activity to book.
Prerequisites to be able to join the activity:
Be healthy 20 - 50 years old
Be able to swim at least 200m
Be able to walk long distances and high elevations (2km)
Health Check review
Be a Certified Freediver
* Please contact us if there are any applicable cases
・ Continuous drug or medication use
・ Mental and psychological disorders
・ Nervous system disease
・ Cardiac disease or problem history
・ Lung and respiratory diseases such as asthma
・ Diseases or problems with the sinuses
・ Eye diseases
・ Past diving accidents (Decompression sickness, severe BO, squeeze)
・ High blood pressure
・ Please inform us about any previous surgeries
・ Your doctor has asked you to not exercise or join physically demanding activities
・ If you are 45 -50 y/o Please inform us in case of:
High blood pressure
If you smoke can’t join the course
If genetic heart conditions run in your family
・ Lack of sleep or physical fatigue
・ No alcohol drinking the day before
・ No Scuba diving the day before
・ Check for Body temperature 37.5 degrees or higher
・ People infected with the new coronavirus or if there is contact with a close contact
・ Sore throat, cough, stuffy nose, cold symptoms such as headache
・ Numbness and dizziness in limbs
・ We do not offer anti-sickness pills
- If you are worried about seasickness, please bring your own seasickness pills
- Please get enough sleep and participate in good physical condition.
- For your safety, please avoid booking a return flight on the same day of a deep training session (-45m), the last day of continuous freediving days, the last day of a freediving course or scubadiving. This is to reduce the risk of decompression illness/sickness.
- Give your body time to adjust before flying – consider booking your return for the day after your last dive and always stay hydrated. If this can’t be done, try booking the latest flight in order to rest and stay hydrated for the longest time possible before your flight (ideally 24hrs)
1 Freediving Coaching/Training session at Cenote
Price per person: $2,400 mxn ($2,100mxn 2 or more people)
A deposit of $1,000 mxn is required to reserve your participation in the course and set the date. (The deposit counts towards the final payment, you would only have to pay the rest of the course in the morning on the day of the course before starting).
Wetsuit (3/5mm recommended)
Weightbelt (we can provide weights)
Equipment rental is available, it is NOT included in the course*
*If you have your own scuba or freediving equipment, send us a message with photos of your equipment to guide you if you can use it in the course and avoid renting equipment.
Average rental price: $300 mxn per day
Our Training sessions Include:
All of our activities are held by AIDA Master Instructors with International experience and hundreds of certified students (400) and the highest safety standards.
GoPro Photo/Videos for review and debrief
Custom Stretching session before going to the water
1 Open Water session at Cenote (around 2/3 hours)
1 post/dive Theory session to review videos and a tailor made plan for your Freediving progression
Transportation to Cenote and back
Entrance fee to Cenote
Does not include:
Pickups in Playa del Carmen or Cancun (meeting point to be determined, normally Tulum downtown, we will meet there and drive from this point and come back to the same point at the end)
Everything not specified
About Booking, Deposits and Cancelation Fees
1. Reservation Form: Once you're ready to book, we'll send you a Reservation Form. Fill it with your details and send it back.
2. Deposit Payment: After receiving the Reservation Form, you'll get a deposit link, can be made through Wise Transfers (for international transactions) or Bank Transfer (within Mexico). Please complete the payment within 3 days to secure your spot.
3. Spot Confirmation: Your spot is 100% secured once we receive the 50% deposit.
4. Remaining Payment: The remaining 50% is paid in cash (Mexican pesos) on the morning of the first day or can be paid two days before the activities through Wise Transfers (for international transactions) or Bank Transfer (within Mexico).
5. Cancellation Fees:
30 days or before the scheduled date: 30% of the total price of the booked activity may be refunded.
29 to 15 days before: 20% of the total price of the booked activity may be refunded,
14 days to 0 days before: No refund.
If there are fees associated with transferring a deposit back, these fees will be subtracted from the total refund amount*
6. *AIDA Freediving Courses:* Refunds are only applicable if the cancellation occurs at least 30 days before the start of the course.
30 days or before the scheduled date: 30% of the total price of the course may be refunded.